Pest Prevention Tips
General Pests such as ants, roaches, silverfish, spiders, etc. all need food, water, and access into the home. Some of the things a homeowner can do to help cut down the presence of insects are:
- Clean, sweep, mop, vacuum regularly, and keep the stove & counter tops clean.
- Keep food picked up, bagged, and sealed in containers.
- Keep trash outside in a closed container and wash out the container weekly.
- Rinse jars and containers before you throw them away.
- Keep dog/cat food picked up when not feeding and store pet food in closed containers.
- Keep your home picked up and not cluttered.
- Seal all doors and windows.
- Fix all leaks inside and out.
- Keep foliage trimmed back away from the home.
- Keep at least 2” of slab showing around the foundation.
- Don’t store supplies, lumber, bricks, or debris next to the home.
- Keep firewood off the ground and away from the home.
- Keep wood decks off the ground to allow ventilation under them.
- Allow ventilation in crawl spaces under homes.
Call us today for a complete inspection of your home. We will have one of our professional inspectors out to inspect for general pests and the conducive conditions that are causing the infestations. We can also inspect for all Wood Destroying Insects and any conducive conditions that may increase the chance of their infestation.